GUN VIOLENCE IN AMERICA: FOR WHO THE BELL TOLLS NEXT.

Just five people shy of Sandy Hook elementary school mass shooting incident that claimed 26 lives, the Uvalde Texas Robb elementary school mass shooting at 21 victims, now ranks among the highest grossing gun carnage in America. It is sad that such frequent blood spilling has tragically become part of our culture as a society. May the souls of the killed now rest.

25th AMENDMENT: ITS NOW ALL CRICKET.

Madam Speaker Nancy Pelosi once questioned former President Donald John Trump's fitness to remain in office due to what she claimed was his declining mental capacity. Does anyone know what Madam Speaker presently thinks about the incontrovertible case which America is now saddled with? Just curious!

WHO WILL REBUILD UKRAINE?

The West should convert frozen Russian assets, both state's and oligarchs' owned, into a full seizure and set them aside for the future rebuilding of Ukraine. Like the Marshal Plan, call it the Putin Plan.

A HERO IS BORN.

I am staying put. I will not run away and abandon my people. The fight is here in Ukraine. What I need are weapons and ammunitions, not a ride out of town like former Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani - President Volodymyr Zelensky.

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

"There is too much hate in America because there is too much anger in America." - Trevor Noah.

WORD!

A life without challenges is not a life lived at all. A life lived is a life that has problems, confronts problems, solves problems and then learns from problems. - Tunde Fashola.

NOW, YOU KNOW.

When fishing for love, bait with your heart and not your brain, because you cannot rationalize love. - Mark Twain.

JUST THE FACT.

In our country, you can shoot and kill a nigger, but you better not hurt a gay person’s feelings - Dave Chappelle

DO YOU?.

“What you believe in can only be defined by what you’re willing to risk for it." - Stuart Scheller.

HEDGE YOUR CRISIS.

Never get in bed with a woman whose problems are worse than yours. - Chicago PD.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

'The best way to keep peace is to be ready to destroy evil. If you Pearl Harbor me, I Nagasaki you.' - Ted Nugent.

OUR SHARED HUMANITY.

Empathy is at the heart of who we are as human beings. - Cardinal Matthew Kukah.

WORDS ON MARBLE.

"Birth is agony. Life is hard. Death is cruel." - Japanese pithy.

REPENT OR PERISH - POPE.

Homosexuality is a sin. It is not ordained by God, therefore same sex marriage cannot be blessed by the church - Pope Francis.

CANCEL CULTURE IS CORROSIVE.


FOR SAKE OF COUNTRY.


MAGA LIVES ON: NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER!

TWITTER IS BORING WITHOUT HIS TWEETS. #RestorePresidentTrump'sTwitterHandle.


WORD.

"If you cannot speak the truth when it matters, then nothing else you says matters.” - Tucker Carlson.

#MeToo MOVEMENT: A BAD NEWS GONE CRAZY.

"To all the women who testified, we may have different truth, but I have a great remorse for all of you. I have great remorse for all of the men and women going through this crisis right now in our country. You know, the movement started basically with me, and I think what happened, you know, I was the first example, and now there are thousands of men who are being accused and a regeneration of things that I think none of us understood. I’m not going to say these aren’t great people. I had wonderful times with these people. I’m just genuinely confused. Men are confused about this issue. We are going through this #MeToo movement crisis right now in this country." - Harvey Weinstein.


RON DELLUMS: UNAPOLOGETICALLY RADICAL.

"If it’s radical to oppose the insanity and cruelty of the Vietnam War, if it’s radical to oppose racism and sexism and all other forms of oppression, if it’s radical to want to alleviate poverty, hunger, disease, homelessness, and other forms of human misery, then I’m proud to be called a radical.” - Ron Vernie Dellums.


WHAT REALLY MATTERS IN LIFE - STEVE JOBS

“I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world. In others’ eyes, my life is an epitome of success. However, aside from work, I have little joy. Non-stop pursuing of wealth will only turn a person into a twisted being, just like me. God gave us the senses to let us feel the love in everyone’s heart, not the illusions brought about by wealth. Memories precipitated by love is the only true riches which will follow you, accompany you, giving you strength and light to go on. The most expensive bed in the world is the sick bed. You can employ someone to drive the car for you, make money for you but you cannot have someone to bear sickness for you. Material things lost can be found. But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost – Life. Treasure Love for your family, love for your spouse, love for your friends. Treat yourself well. Cherish others.” - SJ

EVIL CANNOT BE TRULY DESTROYED.

"The threat of evil is ever present. We can contain it as long as we stay vigilant, but it can never truly be destroyed. - Lorraine Warren (Annabelle, the movie)


ONLY THE POOR WISH THEY HAD STUFF?

“I’m not that interested in material things. As long as I find a good bed that I can sleep in, that’s enough.” - Nicolas Berggruem, the homeless billionaire.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

NASIR EL-RUFAI, RETURNS HOME TO NIGERIA?

IN CASE YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED THIS BEFORE......I AM NOW RETURNING TO NIGERIA ON 27TH DECEMBER, 2009......NASIR EL-RUFAI.....


Greetings,

I write to inform you of my intention to return home to Nigeria in December, after a period of academic studies and rest. As you are aware, I left Nigeria last year to take up a Mason Fellowship and enroll in the Public Policy Program at Harvard. Well before my departure, the Yar’Adua administration began and sustained a campaign of calumny against my person and my record as a public servant. The government has orchestrated and reinforced such falsehoods as the alleged disappearance of N32 billion from the proceeds of the Sale of Federal Government Houses. In addition, it has contrived to declare me wanted and has filed criminal charges against me in court. Its agents have repeatedly fed the media with tales of an international arrest warrant and extradition. As an aside, I want to clear the air on this issue and state that there is no truth to such reports as I have travelled widely to all corners of the globe and continue to do so even as I write you.

Not content with efforts to damage my reputation, the government has also attempted to restrict my citizenship and my freedom of movement by denying me a passport, a move that fortunately back fired after secret memos were made public and had to be reversed. You may note the duplicity of a government that sought to sell the dummy that I was a wanted international fugitive fleeing his country while at the same time taking steps to ensure I am unable to return to the country when it got wind of my plans to return by denying me consular services.

All these desperate moves by the Yar’Adua administration have their roots in its paranoia; that its incompetence may provoke its rejection by the Nigerian people who could look the way of more viable democratic alternatives - looking up to reformers that actually got programs executed in the past instead of endless sloganeering of the present!.Since June 2007, the government has been implementing an agenda to destroy me, and my colleagues in the Economic Team. Through all these, I have stated repeatedly that no machinations can keep me out of my beloved country. Despite the deployment of its awesome powers, this administration will not procure surrender or a retreat into impotent resignation from me. A government cannot be permitted to abuse its power in resolving political differences. As such I have chosen to return home, and contribute my quota to restoring Nigeria to a path of sustainable change and reform.

I have been warned that returning home would be as dangerous to my personal health and safety as it would be hazardous to my liberty. While I fully understand the significance of these perils, I am persuaded that there is a duty to ensure that no government flouts the guarantees and protections offered by our Constitution and laws of the land as well as the customs of our people. It is my belief that the effort to make ours a truly law abiding society will not be advanced if I put my personal safety above principles, and stay away.

The majority of my friends, family and loved ones have urged me to remain abroad, for it is best to be safe than to be sorry. I therefore seek their understanding and continued support even if I am unable to accept their counsel. Instead, my head and heart believe it is the right thing to do, and connect strongly to the timeless words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr:

Cowardice asks the question – is it safe? Expediency asks the question is it politic? Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But conscience asks the question is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular; but one must take it because it is right. But I have no illusions that constitutional protections just kick in on their own or that this can be undertaken as one man’s battle. It is the clearly expressed determination of the cream of any society to stand up for what is right that has throughout history safeguarded respect for the rights of all.

In returning home, I intend to continue the pursuit of the raft of cases I have instituted in the courts against the government. I also stand ready to pursue my defense in the one case the government has instituted against me . I call upon you to lend your voice to the insistence that government, its agents and all public institutions respect the constitution, and refrain from illegal acts and obstructions against my person. I do not ask for anything more than the protections our laws afford every citizen of Nigeria.

While I resolve justiciable issues through the legal system, I intend upon my return home to continue my contribution to the democratic process and progress of Nigeria. It is my goal to work with like-minded Nigerians to organize and empower our youths to participate in politics and public service. I believe that such an effort would build the momentum necessary to improve the quality of life and the life expectancy of our people by promoting accountable democracy that turns Nigerians from onlookers to stakeholders in the Nigerian project. Our people have had to endure too many false starts, with every brief dawn swiftly replaced by a long, dark night of incompetence and mismanagement.

As the first decade of the 21 st Century draws to a close, the challenge is to ensure that the next decade actually delivers on the potentials that our resources and endowments as a people have always suggested. If we give it our best endeavours, ours could well be the generation that delivers to those behind us a legacy they will find worthy of emulating. My commitment to such an outcome is total and unflinching. I am convinced that Nigeria needs to be tied to her potential not her past.

When the return schedule is finalized, I will publicly announce the date of my arrival into Abuja. And I shall return, in sha Allah, trusting in the benevolence of Allah and the goodwill and prayers of the people of Nigeria that we shall once again overcome tyranny as we seek to entrench democracy and results-oriented governance.

I thank you for your patience in reading my message.
Yours sincerely,
Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai, OFR

Facilitator's note:- Icheoku advises Nasir not to return to Nigeria at this fork on the road, that is Nigeria in a very apprehesive mode. A brave general is that general who lives to fight another day. There is also no brave-man in the grave. Waiting out this government would have been his best bet and a preferred option; but since he is bent on steppping on a minefield, we can only wish him the best! So mallam Nasir el-Rufai, may whatever you believe in and worship, guide and protect you as you make your way back to Nigeria; but please be assured that your move is not bravery nor would your staying back be cowardice. Goodluck!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the good work you are doing,We are africanwomenawareness base in DC,we just got information that the nigerian police are evicting all nigerian women police living in the barracks,and replacing them with the men.we think is not right and should be stop immediatly.those police women and the poor children will be exposed to danger.so please help expose this.
    thanks
    Bola awole

    ReplyDelete